The MLAC Alumni Association 31st Annual Golf Tournament and Smoker goes June 7th at Raven Crest. Thank you to all of the Hole and Prize Sponsors that made this event possible. Click Here for a list of the sponsors.
The Maple Leaf Alumni Association supports the "off-ice" activities of the Maple Leaf Athletic Club, who has been providing youth athletic programs since 1931, and has had scores of graduates from their hockey program go on to careers in the National Hockey League.
|President ||Terry Ledingham|
|Past President ||Lawrence Jacobs|
|Vice President ||Al Osmak|
|Treasurer ||Norm Rowell|
|Secretary ||Paul MacDougall|
|Director ||Jack Halliday|
|(Golf Tournament) |
|Director ||Mike Brown|
|(Educational Assistance) |
|Director ||Bob Krewenchuk|
The goal of the Alumni is to support Edmonton Youth in a variety of ways through donations of time, equipment and funds, with a primary focus on providing educational assistance to youth in the Maple Leaf program. Each spring the Alumni awards five (5) Educational Bursaries valued at a total of $4000.00 to help young people with post secondary educational tuition.
To support these endeavours, the Alumni engages in various fundraising activities throughout the year, the largest of which is the Annual Al Greene Memorial Golf Tournament and Smoker, which in the past 20 years has drawn up to 200 participants. The tournament is held in early June each year at the Millwoods Golf Club in Edmonton, and everyone who attends is promised to have a good time, and a chance to share in some of the stories and accomplishments of the people who have contributed to the proud history of the Maple Leafs. To help make the Tournament a success year after year, the Alumni Executive is always in need of Hole Sponsor and Prize Donors. The names of all sponsors are advertised on a "placemat" where all participants can see the names of those organizations who have contributed to the success of the day. Hole Sponsorship costs are $200.00 for the first year which includes a professionally printed sign, and $150.00 for subsequent years. Any organization wishing to sponsor a hole is asked to contact Jack Halliday, Director of the Golf Tournament at firstname.lastname@example.org . Request to get on the Mailing List for Tournament Registration may also be directed to the email address for the Alumni.
The Alumni would be pleased to hear from any former Players, Coaches or Members.
To contact the Alumni, you may send mail to:
The Maple Leaf Alumni Association
Edmonton, Alberta T5B 1M6
Attention: SecretaryOr email us
MAPLE LEAF ALUMNI ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA
· A former MLAC player, team coach or manager, MLAC executive or has been involved with various MLAC committees from time to time (I.E. Minor Hockey Week, Christmas tournaments, Anniversary committees, etc.)
· Has been a member in good standing of the MLAC
· Has a keen interest in the MLAC, it’s history and has a desire to improve the MLAA
· Has a desire to be an “active” participant within the Alumni, with a desire to assist youth, through educational scholarships, committees within the MLAA, and any other endeavor undertaken by the MLAA
· Anyone desiring to be a new member of the MLAA needs to be sponsored by an existing member in good standing of the MLAA, and a written letter outlining the prospective members’ history of involvement with the MLAC will need to be submitted. Back to Club InformationTribute to Russ Barnes